The Big Easy® Yardbird Wings
Recipe courtesy of Char-Broil® America Grills!
Barbecue competitor Mike “Pit Pirate” Hedrick uses The Big Easy® to prepare these crispy wings.
Excerpted from Char-Broil® America Grills! Copyright 2011. Used with permission from Char-Broil® and Creative Homeowner®. All Rights Reserved.
The Big Easy® Yardbird Wings Recipe
By August 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 4 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 4 hrs 10 mins
Recipe courtesy of Char-Broil® America Grills! Barbecue competitor Mike “Pit Pirate” Hedrick uses The Big Easy® to prepare …
- Around 24 chicken wings
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup or more lemon juice
- 1/2 cup favorite seasoning or rub for chicken wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix seasoning ingredients together in a non-reactive container. Wash and cut off the wing tips, and then the drum, from each 2-bone wing. Add prepped chicken parts to container and allow them to marinate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place all of the wings in The Big Easy® cooking basket. (Use either the EZ-Out Cooking Rack or the Half Racks to fit all the wings in the basket.)
- Place the loaded cooking basket into The Big Easy®, cover with the lid and set heat to high. Let wings cook for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Pay close attention to the wings, turning the basket and using tongs to move the wings around for even cooking. Serve wings with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Note: The Big Easy® is an oil-less way to fry using infrared technology.
About the Author: