Shrimp Tacos with Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Recipe Courtesy of Whole Foods Market
Photo courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
Shrimp Tacos with Fresh Pineapple Salsa Recipe
By August 20, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Recipe Courtesy of Whole Foods Market Photo courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
- 1 pound frozen cooked and peeled baby shrimp thawed
- 1/2 cup white onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups pineapple finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed
- 8 corn taco shells prepared according to package directions
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, onions, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, zest, cumin seeds and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, cilantro, pepper flakes and salt. Cover both bowls with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, divide shrimp mixture among taco shells and top with the pineapple salsa. Serve with slices of avocado on the side or arrange them in the taco shells, if you like.
About the Author: