Santa Fe Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Tacos
Recipe courtesy of Mission® Foods
Try these tacos when you’re looking for something a little lighter, but still want plenty of flavor.
Photo courtesy of Mission® Foods
Santa Fe Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Tacos Recipe
By August 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 (2 tacos each) Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 23 mins
- Ready In: 28 mins
Recipe courtesy of Mission® Foods Try these tacos when you’re looking for something a little lighter, but still want plenty of …
- 8 Mission® Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 1 pound chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- Non-stick cooking spray to coat
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low sodium black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes chopped
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- Spray each chicken breast with non-stick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken breasts for 6 minutes a side or until the internal temperature is 165°F. Slice each breast into 8–10 thin slices and set aside.
- To make each taco; spread ¼ cup of cheese over one tortilla, next add 2
tablespoons of black beans on one half, then add ¼ cup of green leaf lettuce, 1 tablespoon of red onions followed by 1 tablespoon of chopped tomatoes.
- Spread 5 slices of grilled chicken over the tomatoes and fold in half, lightly spray a Panini press with non-stick spray and press for 1 ½ minutes or until the tortilla is crisp.
- Repeat for the remaining 7 tortillas. Serve 2 tacos per person and enjoy.
- Hints: 1. Grilled sliced steak could be used in place of the chicken in this recipe. 2. Add dashes of chipotle hot sauce for a bit of spice.
About the Author: