Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Photo courtesy of Whole Whole Foods Market
Ranch Burgers Recipe
By January 28, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com Photo courtesy of Whole Whole Foods Market
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 4 teaspoons Ranch Rub (recipe follows)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns split
- 1/4 cup prepared reduced-fat creamy ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons canned french-fried onions
- Romaine lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Ranch rub Combine 2 teaspoons sweet paprika, 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper and 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper. Store in airtight container. Shake before using.
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Press Ranch Rub onto patties. Make a slight indention with your thumb in the center of each patty to keep them from bulking up in the center while cooking.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes turning occasionally. (For gas grill, preheat grill to medium, place patties on grid, cover and cook 13 to 14 minutes turning occasionally.) Instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center of patties should register 160°F.
- Serve in buns with dressing, onions, lettuce and tomato.
- TIP: Shape and rub the patties the night before the tailgate. Use wax paper between the patties and stack them in an airtight container. Transport in a cooler. At your tailgate you may want to include traditional condiments as well as ranch dressing. Toppings like lettuce and tomato may be stored in storage bags ready to serve.
About the Author: