Mahi Mahi Tacos with Cholula® Chili Lime & Black Bean Corn Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Cholula® Hot Sauce
Photo courtesy of Cholula® Hot Sauce
Mahi Mahi Tacos with Cholula® Chili Lime & Black Bean Corn Salsa Recipe
By August 19, 2012Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
Recipe courtesy of Cholula® Hot Sauce Photo courtesy of Cholula® Hot Sauce
- 2 pounds mahi-mahi fillets
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup Cholula® Chili Lime Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Salt to taste
- 8 corn tortillas 6 inches in diameter
- Black Bean Corn Salsa:
- 16 ounces premium whole kernel corn canned or frozen
- 12 ounces black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons Cholula® Chili Lime Hot Sauce
- Combine all salsa ingredients in mixing bowl, cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. Cut the mahi-mahi into 16 (2 oz.) slices.
- Combine the oil, chili powder, lime juice, Cholula® Chili Lime, cumin, garlic, coriander and salt in a bowl or large plastic bag. Submerge the mahi-mahi in the marinade.
- Grill mahi-mahi over direct heat, about 2 minutes, until flesh is firm with grill marks. Turn fish and grill until cooked through, about another 2 minutes.
- Lightly oil tortillas and grill tortillas until heated through with light grill marks on first side. Flip and grill about 20 seconds, remove and fold over.
- Center two pieces of mahi mahi in each tortilla and top with the Cholula® Chili Lime Corn & Black Bean Corn Salsa.
About the Author: