Korean BBQ Wings
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®
Korean BBQ meets Buffalo wings. These succulent finger foods are served with crunchy Asian pear to create a unique flavor adventure. —McCormick®
Photo courtesy of McCormick®
Korean BBQ Wings Recipe
By August 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
Recipe courtesy of McCormick® Korean BBQ meets Buffalo wings. These succulent finger foods are served with crunchy Asian pear to …
- 1/2 cup Korean pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger ground
- 4 pounds chicken wing pieces
- 1 Asian pear
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Sesame Seed
- Mix hot pepper paste, soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil and ginger in medium bowl until well blended. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add ½ cup of the marinade; toss to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any
remaining marinade. Place chicken on foil-lined large baking pan. Bake 30 minutes, turning chicken halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, quarter and core the Asian pear. Cut each quarter into 3 pieces. Place pear slices in large bowl. Add cooked chicken and ½ of the reserved marinade; toss to coat well.
- Grill chicken and pear slices over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning occasionally. Toss chicken and pear slices with remaining reserved marinade in large bowl. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seed.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Gochujang or Korean pepper paste is made from chile powder, glutinous rice powder, fermented soybeans and salt. It is used to flavor stews, soups and marinades, and as a condiment at the table. It is available in Asian markets and online specialty stores.
- Note: Chicken wings may be grilled without prebaking. Grill marinated chicken over medium-high heat 15 to 18 minutes until cooked through, turning frequently. Grill pear slices as directed, brushing with 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade. Continue as directed.
About the Author: