Halibut Tacos with Creamy Corn & Tomato Slaw
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market
The fresh corn slaw in these tacos is a tasty way to get healthy raw veggies into a meal. To feel confident that you’re making a difference for the oceans, choose halibut (or harpoon-caught swordfish, when available) from a Marine Stewardship Council–certified sustainable fishery. The little bit you need to make this recipe so delicious is worth the money and casts your vote for a long-term supply of wild seafood. —WFM
Photo courtesy of Whole Foods Marke
Halibut Tacos with Creamy Corn & Tomato Slaw Recipe
By August 20, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market The fresh corn slaw in these tacos is a tasty way to get healthy raw veggies into a meal. To …
- 3/4 pound pounds boneless, skin-on halibut fillet halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons expeller-pressed canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups green cabbage shredded
- 3/4 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 ears corn kernels removed
- 6 whole wheat tortillas warmed
- 1/3 cup mild salsa
- Brush halibut all over with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a large skillet (or on the grill) over medium heat, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together cabbage, tomatoes, mayonnaise, lime juice and corn to make a slaw.
- Remove and discard skin from halibut and then flake into bite-size pieces.
- Fill tortillas with slaw and fish. Serve with salsa.
About the Author: