Grilled Ribeye Steaks and Potatoes with Smoky Paprika Rub
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff. BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff. BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Grilled Ribeye Steaks and Potatoes with Smoky Paprika Rub Recipe
By August 28, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 to 4 Servings
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff. BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff. BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
- 2 beef ribeye steaks cut 1 inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large russet potatoes cut lengthwise into 8 wedges each
- 1 tablespoon green onions minced
- Sour Cream and Onion Sauce (recipe follows) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons smoked or Spanish paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; remove and reserve 2 tablespoons. Press remaining seasoning evenly onto beef steaks; set aside. Combine reserved seasoning, oil and salt in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange potatoes around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill potatoes 14 to 17 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 15 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Sprinkle green onion over potatoes. Serve potatoes with Sour Cream and Onion Sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Sour Cream and Onion Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup dairy sour cream and 2 tablespoons minced green onion. Sprinkle with smoked or Spanish paprika, as desired. Yield: 1/2 cup
About the Author: