Recipe courtesy of John McLemore
John says: It is best to season wings while they’re hot, right out of the oil. For even simpler preparation of this recipe, substitute the spices in Step 4 with Butterball® Cajun Seasoning. Don’t forget to serve with a bowl of ranch or bleu cheese dressing, along with celery and carrot sticks!
Excerpted from “Dadgum That’s Good” Kickbutt Recipes for Smoking, Grilling, Frying, Boiling and Steaming by John McLemore. Used with permission of Concept, Inc.
Fried Wings Recipe
By August 17, 2012Published:
- Yield: 3 to 5 Servings
Recipe courtesy of John McLemore John says: It is best to season wings while they’re hot, right out of the oil. For even simpler …
- 1 gallon cooking oil
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fill butterball® or Masterbuilt Fryer with oil to the MAX line. Heat to 375°F; this will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place wings in a large bowl. Pour soy sauce over wings, cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place wings into the fryer basket and carefully lower into the fryer; cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Be careful not to overcrowd or stack wings in the basket. Using a metal spatula or slotted spoon, remove wings from fryer and place in a single layer on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle mixture over wings, turning to coat both sides.
About the Author: