Five Layer Dip
Recipe courtesy of Cacique®
This Five Layer Dip has a Latin flair.
Photo courtesy of Cacique®
Five Layer Dip Recipe
By August 12, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
Recipe courtesy of Cacique® This Five Layer Dip has a Latin flair. Photo courtesy of Cacique®
- 2 cups Cacique® Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 8 oz. Cacique® Beef chorizo or Cacique® Pork chorizo
- 1 jar Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 15 oz. can refried beans
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes diced
- 2 cups fresh avocado diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro minced
- 1 bunch green onions minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Chili powder for garnish
- Chips for serving
- In medium saucepan, sauté onion and chorizo together for 8 minutes on medium-high heat then pat off excess oil.
- Stir in 2 oz. Crema Salvadoreña and can of beans and mix thoroughly. Cook for 5 minutes more over medium heat.
- Spread on bottom of clear baking dish and cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine avocado, cilantro and green onion.
- Remove meat/bean mixture from refrigerator and top first with tomato, then cheese, then vegetable herb mixture and ending with remaining Crema.
- Sprinkle with chili powder and serve with chips.
About the Author: