Recipe courtesy of Beth Anthony
Substitute large unpeeled shrimp for the crawfish if you prefer. The crawfish should be purchased either live or frozen. If live, cook immediately.
Crawfish Boil Recipe
By August 19, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 to 15 Servings
Recipe courtesy of Beth Anthony Photo Thinkstock.com/iStockphoto Substitute large unpeeled shrimp for the crawfish if you …
- 4-5 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning or similar spicy seasoning
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 6 medium red potatoes quartered
- 6 ears corn husks and silk removed, quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked andouille sausage links cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 lemons halved
- 6 pounds frozen crawfish (thaw just before using)
- Fill a very large stockpot with 1 gallon water. Add seasoning, bay leaf and black peppercorn and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and boil for about 5 minutes. Add corn and sausage and boil for another 5 to 6 minutes. Check potatoes; cook until just tender. Add lemons and thawed crawfish, boil for 3 to 4 minutes, just until crawfish is cooked through.
- Drain contents of pot in a large colander. Cover table with newspaper and serve the feast directly on the table.
About the Author: