Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market
The addition of crab meat takes the traditional deviled egg up a notch. The filling is also tasty on crackers or toast.
Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs Recipe
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 24
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market The addition of crab meat takes the traditional deviled egg up a notch. The filling is also …
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning more to taste
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 8 ounces crab meat cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika (optional)
- Place eggs in a pot large enought to hold them all in a single layer. Cover by 3 inches of cold water and place on the stovetop over high heat.
- Once the water starts simmering briskly, reduce heat to medium high and cook for 12 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs to a bowl of ice-cold water. Let cool for 5 or 10 minutes, then peel.
- Slice eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place them in a medium bowl. Arrange egg white halves on a rimmed baking sheet.
- To prepare the filling, add Old Bay, mayonnaise, mustard and water to yolks and mash. Fold in crab meat. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Use two small spoons to scoop filling into egg white halves. Sprinkle with Old Bay and serve.
About the Author: