CB’s Snapper Grilled on a Bed of Limes
Recipe courtesy of Barry “CB” Martin, Char Broil’s America Grills!
This is an easy, flavorful method for grilling snapper, sole or any thin fish fillets which tend to fall apart on a hot grill. —CB
Excerpted from Char-Broil’s America Grills! Copyright 2011. Used with permission from Char-Broil and Creative Homeowner. All Rights Reserved.
Photo courtesy of Char-Broil’s America Grills!
CB’s Snapper Grilled on a Bed of Limes Recipe
By August 19, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10-15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of Barry “CB” Martin, Char Broil’s America Grills! This is an easy, flavorful method for grilling snapper, …
- 2 snapper fillets or other delicate fish
- 3 large limes very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter per fillet melted
- Smoked paprika for seasoning and color
- Canola oil spray
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Carefully rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Spray one side of the lime slices with canola oil and arrange them in the center of the grill to form a “bed” for each fillet.
- Lay the fish atop the lime slices and baste with butter and a generous pinch of smoked paprika. Lightly tent the fish fillets with heavy-duty aluminum foil, or cover each with a small foil pan. Reduce the heat to medium and allow the limes to char and release their juices to flavor the fish.
- After about 10 to 15 minutes, when fish is opaque and firm to the touch, slip a lightly oiled spatula beneath the limes and lift the fish off the grill.
- Serve fish on individual plates and garnish with parsley if desired.
About the Author: