CB’s Grilled Lobster Tail with Bourbon-Herb Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Barry “CB” Martin
Excerpted from Char-Broil’s America Grills! Copyright 2011. Used with permission from Char-Broil and Creative Homeowner. All Rights Reserved.
Photo courtesy of Char-Broil’s American Grills!
CB’s Grilled Lobster Tail with Bourbon-Herb Sauce Recipe
By August 19, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Recipe courtesy of Barry “CB” Martin Excerpted from Char-Broil’s America Grills! Copyright 2011. Used with permission from …
- 2 lobster tails removed from shell, about 6 oz. each
- Canola oil
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Kentucky bourbon
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white vermouth
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil and shallots and cook until translucent; stir in garlic and heat until aroma is released. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add bourbon; allow alcohol to vaporize; remove from heat and set aside, covered.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Dry lobster with paper towel and then lightly spray with canola oil. Place lobster tails on hot grill to sear, using tongs to turn. When seared, remove to aluminum pan away from direct heat and continue to cook until lobster is firm but not rubbery, about 15 minutes.
- Prior to serving, add the chives, tarragon and vermouth to the sauce; re-warm to release the flavors. Serve on plates with sauce drizzled over the lobster or as a dipping sauce.
About the Author: