CB’s Grilled Honey & Lime Gulf Prawns
By Barry ”CB” Martin From Char-Broil’s America Grills!, page 220
Excerpted from Char-Broil’s America Grills!, Copyright 2011. Used with permission from Char-Broil and Creative Homeowner. All Rights Reserved.
CB’s Grilled Honey & Lime Gulf Prawns Recipe
By August 20, 2012Published:
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
- Prep: 60 mins
- Cook: 7-10 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 7 mins
By Barry ”CB” Martin From Char-Broil’s America Grills!, page 220 Excerpted from Char-Broil’s America Grills!, Copyright …
- 1 pound jumbo Gulf prawns (about 21 per pound) cleaned, tails on
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons dry white vermouth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Basting Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine marinade ingredients in a sealable bag and add Gulf prawns. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Combine basting sauce ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Place marinated prawns on hot grates. Use tongs to turn and sear all sides. When seared, remove the prawns to a holding pan away from direct heat. Brush with basting sauce and allow to finish cooking, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Prawns may be served as a main course over rice or pasta or with a salad.
About the Author: