CB’s Grilled Fennel
Recipe courtesy of Barry “CB” Martin
Excerpted from Char-Broil’s America Grills! Copyright 2011. Used with permission from Char-Broil and Creative Homeowner. All Rights Reserved.
Photo courtesy of Char-Broil’s American Grills!
CB’s Grilled Fennel Recipe
By August 27, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of Barry “CB” Martin Excerpted from Char-Broil’s America Grills! Copyright 2011. Used with permission from …
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or clarified butter
- Coarse salt
- Remove the green top and fronds from the fennel and reserve. Quarter each bulb, leaving the root bottoms in place to hold the leaves together during roasting. Whisk together the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and oil. Marinate the pieces in the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Using tongs, arrange fennel slices on grates; turn to sear and caramelize all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes. As the edges begin to crisp and char just a bit, remove to a holding pan to finish over indirect heat with the hood closed. The fennel bulbs are cooked when they are fork-tender but not too soft. Serve on a platter with freshly ground salt and a teaspoon or two of finely minced fennel tops.
About the Author: